Sunday, November 13, 2016

Sweet Cornbread Recipe


I'm pretty sure this is one of my recipes that breaks whatever "southern rules" I'm supposed to be following.  I love sweet cornbread.   I also prefer equal parts flour and cornmeal so that it isn't too "gritty".  Through my extensive research (read: google for less than 2 minutes), I apparently prefer cornbread that is more often found in the northern states and I'm okay with that.  It's better.  It just is.  A big piece of buttery cornbread dripping in honey...yes ma'am!

Ingredient:
1 cup flour (I used self-rising because that is what is in the jar on my counter.)
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Throw it all in a bowl, whisk it up, dump it into a lightly sprayed cast iron skillet and bake it for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.  Enjoy! Which do you prefer? Sweet or unsweet cornbread?

No comments:

Post a Comment