Sunday, November 13, 2016

Cinnamon Sugar Nuts Recipe


Everyone loves those sugary cinnamon nuts that they sell in every mall come December.  I have tried a few different recipes in the past that weren't just right.  I found this one on Pinterest and using that bloggers method with a few changes of my own, I think I found a winner!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup water plus 2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup white sugar (for step 4, an additional 1/8 cup) 
1/4 cup brown sugar (for step 4, and additional 1/8 cup)
1 HEAPING tablespoon cinnamon (so really 1 1/2)
2 cups of nuts (I used almonds and pecans)
1 tablespoon vanilla

1. In a heavy saucepan, add brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and water.
2. Heat over medium until it starts to boil...let it cook down a bit to thicken.
3. Add nuts and turn the heat up to high.  STIR CONSTANTLY until the mixture really begins to thicken and the suguary mixture is really sticking to the nuts.  It should dry out pretty quickly and become harder to stir.
4. Remove from heat and QUICKLY add vanilla and your remaining brown and white sugar.  Stir, stir, stir!
5. The mixture should stick immediately to the nuts.  Dump them out on to wax paper to dry.

After they have dried and cooled, store whatever is left of them (haha!) in an airtight container.  They should last a week or two...but I doubt they'll make it that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment