Sunday, November 13, 2016

Green Superfood Smoothie Drink


A foodie blogger that I've followed for awhile now has always ranted and raved about this stuff called Amazing Grass Green Superfood smoothie. She claims and it just makes me feel amazing, gives her tons of energy, etc etc. She posted pictures of herself drinking this bright green looking toxic water and I thought she was crazy. A cup of good coffee makes me feeling amazing, gives me tons of energy, etc...No green necessary.

This weekend B and I were talking about being healthy (keyword: talking about...while on our way to a pasta filled dinner) and these "green products" came up. Not Al Gore green but green as in...the color. I picked up the Chocolate Amazing Grass Green Superfood smoothie yesterday, bought a blender at Target and spent the night making smoothies. It took a few tries to get the proportions right but this stuff...is delicious. I'm hooked. If it's as good for you as everyone claims, I'll gladly drink my large Tervis full everyday. I used 1 frozen banana (hint: let them get fairly brown on the counter before freezing, the banana flavor is stronger when you blend it up than if you use a fresh banana), 2 big tablespoons of peanut butter, a big scoop of green powder, 1 cup of crushed ice, 1/2 a cup or so of fat free milk. I'm hooked! I'll let you know how I feel after drinking it for about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment