Sunday, November 13, 2016

Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe


This Caesar salad dressing recipe came from my mom.  She always has a jar of it in the fridge and I would sit at the kitchen counter with a head of romaine lettuce, break off pieces and stick them in the jar.  If she made it for a get together, holiday, or party, she would make extra and put it in little jars so if someone loved it, she could send a little jar home with them.  It's a better-the-next-day dressing, so make it ahead of time.  Try to ignore what you're putting into it.  Just trust me.  It's good.

Because I made this for Easter dinner, I made my own croutons.  I've never made croutons before but now that I have, I won't ever buy them pre-made.  These were SO good!  I bought a small "artisan baguette" (it looked like a mini loaf of good bread, the size of a hoagie) for $0.90 at Super Target.  I was only making croutons for two people so that made more sense.  I took it out of the package and let it sit on the counter for a few hours.  Cut it up into little cubes.  Melt a few tablespoons of butter and a splash of olive oil in a skillet over medium.  Dump your cubes into the skillet and add salt, pepper, and minced garlic (I love that little jar of minced garlic that you find in the produce section), and a little garlic salt.  Toss and let them brown until they start to crisp up.  Mine were light golden when I took them out and let them dry on a paper towel.

Caesar Salad Dressing
2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (the cheap shake stuff in the can)
1 tablespoon anchovy paste (I know, just go with it.  It's by the tuna fish.)
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon curry powder

Mix all ingredients together but do not beat them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment