Sunday, November 13, 2016

Chicken Pot Sticker Veggie Soup Recipe


I saved this recipe from Danica's Daily (one of my favorite meal idea blogs) a few weeks ago.  I finally made it over to Whole Foods last night to find pot stickers since we don't have Trader Joe's here.  I wasn't able to find the mini pot stickers so each serving has half as many pot stickers as hers does but that doesn't change the taste at all.  I loved this! 

2 tsp sesame oil (I just used olive oil because I didn't have sesame)
3 carrots, peeled and sliced 
2 summer squash, halved and sliced 
2 c fresh sliced white mushrooms 
1 garlic clove, minced
32 oz Organic Chicken Broth
3 Tbsp Annie’s Organic Teriyaki Sauce (I probably used 6 tbsp and it was a little salty)
1 tsp (dashes) Srirachi or your favorite hot sauce (I used Crystal and added probably 4tsp)
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Package Trader Joe’s Mini Chicken Pot Stickers
6 c Organic Spinach
4 Scallions, sliced

1. Heat sesame oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.  Add carrots through garlic and sauté for four minutes.  Add Teriyaki Sauce, hot sauce and chicken broth.  Bring to a boil.
2.  While the soup boils, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet and add pot stickers.  Cook for two minutes or until slightly browned and remove from heat.
3.  Add pot stickers to the soup mixture and boil one minute.  Add the spinach and cook for an additional minute.  Remove from heat and stir in scallions, reserving a small pinch to top soup boils.

I didn't use exact measurements or times when I made mine.  It's a soup.  Cook, taste, add, cook, taste, add.  You get the point.  I loved that this didn't make a huge pot of soup that will go to waste- it's just enough for a few meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment