Sunday, November 13, 2016

Chicken Teriyaki Recipe


I made chicken teriyaki for dinner tonight for my family has been making this chicken for as long as I can remember.  It's great for a crowd because you just throw it in the oven and let it go.  You can also use little chicken wings for a party.  I apologize for the picture- I'm working on my "after dark photography" but I think no matter what time of day I took the picture- meat probably isn't my favorite thing to photograph.  Not nearly as pretty as a cake.

Chicken Teriyaki
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
6 skinless chicken drumsticks (double or triple recipe for larger crowds)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix ingredients in a square glass baking dish.  Bake for one hour uncovered gently turning the chicken every 15 minutes or so.  The chicken will start to fall off of the bone so it's best to use tongs to grip when turning to hold it all together.  Cover dish with foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.  Cover with sauce chopped scallions and sesame seeds for serving.

 Hashbrown casserole is our side of choice for this dish.  Sounds strange but it really works.  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment