Sunday, November 13, 2016

Hashbrown Bake Recipe


This is a simple and delicious recipe that is perfect for those early tailgates.  You can make a big dish of it and it still tastes good at room temperature.  You can easily add other things.  If you'd rather brown up some sausage, instead of using ham that would be okay, add mushrooms, onions, whatever you want really!  

I prefer to use the Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hashbrowns.  You could use plain if you wanted but these just give so much flavor.

You can use a large disposable casserole dish if you're talking it to a tailgate...just double the recipe.  You don't have to be exact.  Just throw in your veggies and meat so they've got a good amount of egg, milk and cheese mixture swimming around them.

If you don't like bell peppers well...I'm not quite sure what to tell you.

It doesn't photograph so well but I think that's a requirement of The Best Dishes.

Hashbrown Bake:
(This makes one 9" pie plate...You might need to double or triple this recipe if you're using a bigger dish.)

1 package Simple Potatoes Southwest Hashbrowns
Butter
1 cup chopped cooked ham (in the meat section, already cooked and chopped up for you.)
1 cup shredded cheddar (I used a shredded Mexican cheese that I had on hand)
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
3 large eggs (sometimes I use as many as 5 or 6- just depends if I need a little more "liquid")
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Press hashbrowns into a 9" pie plate. Dot with butter.
3. Bake for 20 minutes until it's slightly golden. Lower oven to 375.
4. Beat eggs and add milk and cheese.  Add diced bell pepper and ham (I don't measure these, I just throw in as much as I want..)
5. Pour mixture into hashbrown shell.
6. Bake until it no longer giggles in the center..usually about 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment